Saturday, April 16, 2011

What is that Smell?

I was cleaning out my refrigerator one day and it was awful because the smell that was coming from it was horrid. I wasn’t sure what it could have been. All that was in there was bottle water, chocolate and some apples and oranges. I bleached the crap out of the inside and scrubbed away all the gunk. When I finished I stood up to wipe the sweat of my face with my shirt sleeve and then realized the smell was not from the refrigerator….
            It is a very special smell. It’s like a mixture of sour milk, sweat, and mildew. It’s the peace corps Samoa fragrance. We all have it, and we are all used to it. I have yet to find a cure for the odor. I wash my clothes with quality soap and I am even using softener. Never fails though, after about two hours in a t-shirt it starts to creep up on ya. Then it finally takes over and the worst part is, you become immune to it and the smell become tolerable. Changing would be ridiculous because the smell would undoubtedly find its way to the new shirt as well.
            Moral of the story is thank your washing machines, air conditioning and febreez…show them a little love people.
Until next time….still smelly in Samoa
Peace and Love

1 comment:

  1. Obviously Andy(Ana/Metro Man) would never survive in Samoa. LOVE YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete