Sunday, November 6, 2011

Its Rainy Season...

Oh rain rain go away… It is getting into the wet season here on this beautiful island. Sometimes I think Samoa might drown, or even worse I will lose my tan. I forgot how much rain there was when I first got here. It is nice to fall asleep and wake up to, which is what has been happening the past two weeks. With rain, comes the feeling of restlessness which is a perfect way to describe term three. The year 8’s have finished their national exams so now they play volleyball. The teachers seem too tired to teach and the students too antsy to learn. I feel accomplished surviving one lesson each day. It’s all the students can handle these days. I don’t blame them. I can’t say that I have that much more motivation than the other teachers either and I only have to teach for an hour each day. Everyone is ready for summer.
My principal told me that I needed to get something for the school, to prove my work and time here. Today I walked into my library and it looked like a tornado went through it. Books everywhere, pages torn and even somehow books were glued together. The library was the contribution of the previous Peace Corps, his proof of existence in the school. You see where I am going with this? Personally I feel my presence and time I put into the school and students is proof enough but they want something flashy. So I think maybe I’ll get a big statue of myself. Feel free to e-mail me ideas for poses.
Ana Fiti Me Nerry and Leu on Teachers Day

My sisters... Lina Fili Ida and Sarai on White Sunday

Decompression time....

No comments:

Post a Comment